In the Channel Nine series Underbelly Razor – as in real life – Sydney’s criminal matriarch Tilly Devine did not hesitate to wield the razor to keep her motley empire in line and protect it against incursion by rival gangs. It appears Julia Gillard approaches the task of achieving a budget surplus in 2012-13 with a similar ferocity of intent. Continue reading
- NDIS is a visionary reform on par with Medicare. It is now fully funded. That is Labor's legacy. No wonder she was emotional #auspol 5 days ago
- PM in tears. Could this budget get any more depressing? news.com.au/money/federal-… #auspol 5 days ago
- Did anyone even notice the 8 years of tax cuts? All wage earners benefited #lateline 5 days ago
- NDIS & Gonski are fully funded for the next decade on Treasury's figures. Includes saving from private health insurance rebate #lateline 5 days ago
- "Prune back the age of entitlement" - A Robb. So easy to say, so hard to do #lateline 5 days ago
- Of razor gangs, budget cuts and the policy mix
- Gender pay gap: why do male CEOs with daughters pay women more?
- Like cholesterol, inequality cuts both ways
- The true cost of NIMBYism
- Should we worry about not “making stuff”?
- Euro zone a car crash: best keep your eyes on the road
- Trouble keeping up with Euro woes? Get used to it.
- Monopoly blues: why top bosses’ riches are undeserved
- Life is short, but the Tax Act is long
- Tony Abbott-o-nomics, or not…