- With no sugar daddy in sight, tax reform is the only option heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/w… #ausecon #auspol 1 week ago
- RT @TheTodayShow: All the best to @Jess_Irvine! Her last day with us before having a baby! #Today9 http://t.co/BNAZmk53Lt 3 weeks ago
- First home buyers are 'stuffed', says Aussie John Symond, as lenders demand bigger upfront deposits dailytelegraph.com.au/realestate/buy… #ausecon 4 weeks ago
- What if the mining boom never happened? Fascinating RBA paper says we'd be poorer, but housing cheaper dailytelegraph.com.au/business/compa… #ausecon 4 weeks ago
- Problem is, there's not much money in the kitty for that kind of reform. @JoeHockey between rock and a hard place. 1 month ago
- Of razor gangs, budget cuts and the policy mix
- Gender pay gap: why do male CEOs with daughters pay women more?
- Like cholesterol, inequality cuts both ways
- The true cost of NIMBYism
- Should we worry about not “making stuff”?
- Euro zone a car crash: best keep your eyes on the road
- Trouble keeping up with Euro woes? Get used to it.
- Monopoly blues: why top bosses’ riches are undeserved
- Life is short, but the Tax Act is long
- Tony Abbott-o-nomics, or not…
Category Archives: Employment
Should a woman tending to personal care needs of an elderly person be paid more or less than a male garbage disposal worker? The government’s decision to support a pay rise for 150,000 social and community services workers delivers a … Continue reading
Do you sometimes worry about Australia becoming a place that doesn’t “make things” any more? Let me lighten your load. Kevin Rudd used to worry about such things. In his first press conference as opposition leader in 2006, Rudd stressed … Continue reading
You know how most of the traffic created by a car crash is not the crash itself, but everyone slowing down to have a rubberneck? Well, the same thing can happen with economies. And fair enough, the unfolding car crash … Continue reading
In the hit Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying, a young window washer discovers a book that tells him the secrets to climbing the corporate ladder. If such a book were to exist in Australia, it … Continue reading
To all the baby boomers out there nursing wounded retirement nest eggs and having to work into your dotage, my sympathies. But spare a thought for future generations. Looks like we’ll be working even longer, not to mention paying higher … Continue reading
IS THERE any more surefire way to induce widespread panic than the phrase “don’t panic”? Well, here goes anyway: DON’T PANIC. May as well leave panicking to the fickle souls trading daily in financial markets, if only because they are … Continue reading
Want to hear some good news? Amid the sharemarket turmoil, street riots and other portents of impending apocalypse, relative calm has descended on the Australian housing market. Home affordability has improved.