- RT @davispg: Two really good #ausecon articles to read together. @Jess_Irvine smh.com.au/business/comme… @1petermartin theage.com.au/comment/when-m…… 6 days ago
- "One day, we women will be able to reverse the golden rule, and treat ourselves as well as we treat others." Gloria Steinem #swf 1 week ago
- Q to Gloria Steinem: "What of young women who don't think we need feminism? GS "Well, life will radicalise them." Applause. So true. #swf 1 week ago
- Excited to be at Town Hall to see Gloria Steinam...man next to me is gleefully playing a game of "spot another man" https://t.co/B5cSl0Lv2A 1 week ago
- Do you work near CircularQuay? Want to meet me for lunch? Tix on door. Talking to @gpaddymanning re Turnbull swf.org.au/program/swf201… #swf 1 week ago
- Of razor gangs, budget cuts and the policy mix
- Gender pay gap: why do male CEOs with daughters pay women more?
- Like cholesterol, inequality cuts both ways
- The true cost of NIMBYism
- Should we worry about not “making stuff”?
- Euro zone a car crash: best keep your eyes on the road
- Trouble keeping up with Euro woes? Get used to it.
- Monopoly blues: why top bosses’ riches are undeserved
- Life is short, but the Tax Act is long
- Tony Abbott-o-nomics, or not…
Category Archives: Global Financial Crisis
In the Channel Nine series Underbelly Razor – as in real life – Sydney’s criminal matriarch Tilly Devine did not hesitate to wield the razor to keep her motley empire in line and protect it against incursion by rival gangs. … Continue reading
SHOULD we worry about rising inequality? Protests across the United States under the Occupy Wall Street banner are in part a spontaneous outcry at the outrageous post-crisis salaries of Wall Street “bailoutees”. But they also find roots in a deeper, … Continue reading
You know how most of the traffic created by a car crash is not the crash itself, but everyone slowing down to have a rubberneck? Well, the same thing can happen with economies. And fair enough, the unfolding car crash … Continue reading
Mamma Mia. Where are those happy days? They seem so hard to find. The Greek tragi-comedic musical continues to play on continuous loop. Leading characters are still struggling to sing from the same song sheet, emitting only a discordant jumble … Continue reading
In the hit Broadway musical How to Succeed in Business without Really Trying, a young window washer discovers a book that tells him the secrets to climbing the corporate ladder. If such a book were to exist in Australia, it … Continue reading
Economics textbooks are hefty objects. Many a kinked neck and curved spine have resulted from children being forced to lug such weighty tomes between school and home. Whether many students manage to read and absorb the often turgid contents of … Continue reading
IS THERE any more surefire way to induce widespread panic than the phrase “don’t panic”? Well, here goes anyway: DON’T PANIC. May as well leave panicking to the fickle souls trading daily in financial markets, if only because they are … Continue reading