- You don't have to be a communist to think capitalism is in crisis. Today's thoughts... smh.com.au/comment/you-do… via @smh 1 day ago
- NOONE is talking about the HEALTH BENEFITS to Millennials of all this consumption of monounsaturated fatty acids… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- "Is Turnbull successfully vaccinating Australian politics against rampant populism by giving us a small shot of it?" smh.com.au/comment/malcol… 1 week ago
- It's ok, I scrounged a satchel. White? Really? Why did no one report this shock budget outcome? #budget2017 @swrightwestoz 1 week ago
- Me to @1RossGittins "I see you've scored a budget satchel. Can I have it? I collect them." Ross reply: "No. I also collect them." #econlife 1 week ago
- Of razor gangs, budget cuts and the policy mix
- Gender pay gap: why do male CEOs with daughters pay women more?
- Like cholesterol, inequality cuts both ways
- The true cost of NIMBYism
- Should we worry about not “making stuff”?
- Euro zone a car crash: best keep your eyes on the road
- Trouble keeping up with Euro woes? Get used to it.
- Monopoly blues: why top bosses’ riches are undeserved
- Life is short, but the Tax Act is long
- Tony Abbott-o-nomics, or not…
Category Archives: Tax
IT’S around this time every year I get a jolting reminder of how short life is. Yep, tax returns are due on Monday, people. Have you done yours yet? So while some of you laze about reading newspapers this weekend, … Continue reading
Economics textbooks are hefty objects. Many a kinked neck and curved spine have resulted from children being forced to lug such weighty tomes between school and home. Whether many students manage to read and absorb the often turgid contents of … Continue reading
Tax fatty foods and people won’t get fat. Could it really be as simple as that? Of course not, but it’s a start. Two thirds of Australians are overweight or obese, making us one of the fattest nations on earth. … Continue reading
To all the baby boomers out there nursing wounded retirement nest eggs and having to work into your dotage, my sympathies. But spare a thought for future generations. Looks like we’ll be working even longer, not to mention paying higher … Continue reading
Forget the Bahamas or Cayman Islands. Australians have created the best tax shelter on earth: Australian property. Ahead of next week’s tax forum in Canberra, we can expect to hear a lot about the need to increase the goods and … Continue reading
THE majority of Australians support the idea of a mining tax, with supporters outnumbering opponents almost two to one, according to a new survey to be released today (19/09/2011).