- Excited to see our new podcast "It All Adds Up" at #2 in iTunes. Subscribe now! @1RossGittins @MattWadeSMH itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/it-… 7 hours ago
- Yes, please do share with the students. And plenty more where that came from! twitter.com/crjweinberg/st… 13 hours ago
- Thankyou. Will keep that in mind for future eps. twitter.com/hoyein/status/… 17 hours ago
- Great to hear. Will do! twitter.com/djjustjules/st… 17 hours ago
- Great to hear. Thanks Kate. twitter.com/ktbar0/status/… 17 hours ago
- Of razor gangs, budget cuts and the policy mix
- Gender pay gap: why do male CEOs with daughters pay women more?
- Like cholesterol, inequality cuts both ways
- The true cost of NIMBYism
- Should we worry about not “making stuff”?
- Euro zone a car crash: best keep your eyes on the road
- Trouble keeping up with Euro woes? Get used to it.
- Monopoly blues: why top bosses’ riches are undeserved
- Life is short, but the Tax Act is long
- Tony Abbott-o-nomics, or not…
Category Archives: Tax
IT’S around this time every year I get a jolting reminder of how short life is. Yep, tax returns are due on Monday, people. Have you done yours yet? So while some of you laze about reading newspapers this weekend, … Continue reading
Economics textbooks are hefty objects. Many a kinked neck and curved spine have resulted from children being forced to lug such weighty tomes between school and home. Whether many students manage to read and absorb the often turgid contents of … Continue reading
Tax fatty foods and people won’t get fat. Could it really be as simple as that? Of course not, but it’s a start. Two thirds of Australians are overweight or obese, making us one of the fattest nations on earth. … Continue reading
To all the baby boomers out there nursing wounded retirement nest eggs and having to work into your dotage, my sympathies. But spare a thought for future generations. Looks like we’ll be working even longer, not to mention paying higher … Continue reading
Forget the Bahamas or Cayman Islands. Australians have created the best tax shelter on earth: Australian property. Ahead of next week’s tax forum in Canberra, we can expect to hear a lot about the need to increase the goods and … Continue reading
THE majority of Australians support the idea of a mining tax, with supporters outnumbering opponents almost two to one, according to a new survey to be released today (19/09/2011).